We offer all employees a solid benefits program that exceeds the norms of the security industry, including:
- Competitive wage rates
- Training and Professional Development
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Prestigious assignments
- Uniforms and equipment free of charge
- Employee Referral Program with cash incentives
- Weekly pay checks
- Alternate work schedules
- Robust Awards and Incentives
- Security Officer Newsletter showcasing employee success stories, security tips, raffles and updates.
Many of our assignments also offer:
- Paid Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Pay Increases
- Longevity Bonuses
Job Skills / Requirements
Summit Security is currently looking for qualified Security Officers. Immediate Openings for over 40 Positions!! Shifts Include: Overnight schedules. Positions are located in JFK Airport in Queens, New York.
Available schedules: 5 days a week – 20 hours a week (Part time)
- 4am to 1am
- 8pm to 3am
- 9pm to 3am
- 8:30pm to 12:30am
- 10:00pm to 2am
- Operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Access control
- Provide excellent Customer service
- Conduct Security for Escorts and Traffic
- Perform Security patrols by foot and/or vehicle
- Complete daily security reports, incident reports, security logs, etc.
- Critical incident response such as medical, fire, workplace violence, accident, etc.
- Enforce safety regulations
- Other duties assigned and required by site contract
- Patrol, move, walk, sit and stand for prolonged periods in non-climate controlled environments
- Ongoing communication with visitors, clients, Summit personnel and the client’s Security Personnel
- New York State Security License – current
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Must be able to understand the English language and communicate it effectively in both verbal and written form
- 6 months of Security Experience (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid NYS Driver’s License (if a mobile patrol post)
- Must have a clean driving record (if a mobile patrol post)
Education Requirements (Any)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification Requirements (Any)
- NYS Guard License
Additional Information / Benefits
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a Full and Part-Time position 3rd Shift.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Summit Security Services
Established in 1976, Summit Security Services is the premier security services firm in the Greater NY-NJ-CT area and one of the largest privately held security services companies in the United States. Operating from our Corporate Headquarters in Uniondale, New York and from our nine regional offices, Summit offers comprehensive security solutions to hundreds of clients across numerous industries. Our 5,000+ security professionals provide approximately five million hours of security services each year.