Job Skills / Requirements
Our continued growth and expansion has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resource Generalist for our NYC Region. This position is responsible for supporting the Human Resource Manager, and the Human Resource Department. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting and staffing, benefits administration, employee and labor relations, on boarding, training and development, and termination.
- Handles all staffing, including the development of recruitment plans and strategies, candidate screening, assessment and selection, to ensure an adequate supply of qualified candidates.
- Staffing/terminationSupervises and reviews the entire hiring, transfer and termination process to ensure accuracy, compliance and timeliness
- I-9, EE file, Drug Test, relevant state paperwork.
- HRIS System WinTeam data entry of new hire/termination
- Supervises the CCD process at the region.
- Maintain compliance of all employee files and record.
- Employee Relations
- Assist with employee relations issues and disciplinary actions, related investigations, documentation, case evaluation and recommends responses
- Reviews incident reports / employee issues / final warnings and terminations to ensure fairness, adherence to progressive discipline process and appropriate documentation
- Under the guidance of the HRM and Assistant HRM, assist with the management and compliance of HR FMLA/LOA/STD leave.
- Under the guidance of the HRM and Assistant HRM, handle and processes time off for security officers.
- Collaborate with leadership to design and implement retention programs.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; SHRM Certification a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of employment practices and related regulations and laws
- 3-5 years successful hands-on HR experience in a similar role in a high volume setting. Experience within the Security,
- Building Services, Contingent Staffing, Retail, Banking or hospitality industries desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc
- Experience working with a unionized workforce desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees and management.
- Self-Starter with strong follow through skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proven success working in a fast paced environment and managing to and meeting tight deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of an ATS application required; Kwantek is preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates – please submit your resume
** EEO / Equal Opportunity Employer **
Education Requirements (Any)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Information / Benefits
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Special Incentive Plans
This job reports to the HR Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Summit Security Services
Established in 1976, Summit Security Services is the premier security services firm in the Greater NY-NJ-CT area and one of the largest privately held security services companies in the United States. Operating from our Corporate Headquarters in Uniondale, New York and from our nine regional offices, Summit offers comprehensive security solutions to hundreds of clients across numerous industries. Our 5,000+ security professionals provide approximately five million hours of security services each year.