The Command Control Operator is responsible for:
- Maintenance of the security systems equipment and infrastructure – cameras, readers, hardware, and software both in the SOC and deployed throughout Bridges and Tunnels facilities in NYC.
- Monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire, access and duress alarms, and providing general assistance to both employees and corporate staff.
- Monitoring of overall “system health”, by monitoring, tracking, reporting to appropriate maintenance group, and following up on system software and hardware and communication issues as they arise.
- Maintaining records and reports of all communications and events.
- Assisting the Intelligence team in identifying and monitoring individuals or events of concern for our clients.
- Utilizing multiple internal and external resources to gather and manage information and intelligence about events affecting our clients.
- Ensure that all alarms/events received via an electronic security system are responded to in a timely manner.
- Perform, research and analyze confidential system audits.
- Assist in investigations, and other testing initiatives.
- Escalating unusual/critical event information to relevant supervisory personnel and others as designated by the client.
- Triaging events for immediate action.
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in established Security Management or emergency dispatching type environment other closely related field .Training or experience in an operations/law enforcement dispatch center preferred.
- Previous experience with the National Incident Management System (NIMS – ICS 100, 200, 700, 800) or ability to complete within 3 months of hire.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office, and other applications.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License
- Proficiency with Lenel, video surveillance, intrusion detection, or access control system.
- Must possess a valid S-95 certification
- Ability to multi-ask while remaining detail oriented.
- Strong decision-making ability during emergency situations.
- Must be able to speak clearly while providing guidance during emergencies.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
- Ability to travel within NYC.
- CPR – AED.
- Security Guard License
- Ability to Work a rotating and non-traditional tours (evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, etc.).
- Ability to be held for mandatory overtime.
- Must pass a rigorous background investigation.
- Geographical familiarity with the New York Metropolitan region.
- Previous experience as a central station alarm dispatcher/operator preferred
- Previous experience in mass/public transportation systems preferred
- Familiarity with IC computer systems and databases.
- Experience with Analytical intelligence products.
Education Requirements (Any)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associates Degree
Certification Requirements (All)
- NYS Guard License
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Law Enforcement Experience
- S-95 Fitness for Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems
Additional Information / Benefits
We offer all employees a solid benefits program that exceeds the norms of the security industry, including:
- Weekly pay checks
- Competitive wage rates
- Uniforms and equipment free of charge
- Employee Referral Program with cash incentives
- Training and Professional Development
- Direct Deposit
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Prestigious assignments
- Robust Awards and Incentives
- Security Officer Newsletter showcasing employee success stories, security tips, raffles and updates.
Many of our assignments also offer:
- Paid Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Pay Increases
- Longevity Bonuses
16 West 36th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10018
B,D,F,M,Q,M,W Trains to 34th Street Harold Square
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends, Rotating schedule with non-traditional hours .
Relocation is not provided and travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 1
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Summit Security Services
Established in 1976, Summit Security Services is the premier security services firm in the Greater NY-NJ-CT area and one of the largest privately held security services companies in the United States. Operating from our Corporate Headquarters in Uniondale, New York and from our nine regional offices, Summit offers comprehensive security solutions to hundreds of clients across numerous industries. Our 5,000+ security professionals provide approximately five million hours of security services each year.