Driving an armed vehicle, guarding and delivering or picking up shipments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Perform pre-trip inspection on vehicle reporting and repairs needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of company vehicle.
- Load and unload required shipments onto/out of company vehicle.
- Responsible for the safe operation of vehicle and obey traffic laws.
- Perform loading and balancing of ATM machines (some routes).
- Complete all paperwork correctly and completely.
- Communicate any and all issues or warnings with dispatch.
- Responsible for all liability carried out and returned at the end of shift.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment by following Rapid’s safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Great verbal and written communication
- Basic computer skills.
- Legally able to work in the US.
- Willing and able to carry and use a firearm while on duty.
- Solid work history also a must.
- Will submit to checks which may include education, employment, and driving.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule. On occasion, maybe required to work up to 6 days a week, with days off as scheduled. These hours may include weekends and holidays.
- Able to pass a required post-offer drug screening and DOT physical exam.
- Able and willing to attend both initial and annual training as required by the company, State or City.
- Agrees to consistently follow firearms, driving, and operational procedures and uphold company policies and standards set forth by the company in the employee handbook and operational documentation and manuals.
Licensing and Certification:
- Ability to obtain and carry a valid City Of New York Carry permit for a handgun.
- Ability to obtain and carry a valid class D operator driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain the 47 hour armed guard course certificate.
- Obtain any other ID’s, licenses or registrations required by local, state, or federal authorities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds from the ground to a standing position repeatedly.
- Ability to push and pull up to 2,500 pounds (one coin skid) with a hand pallet jack.
- Ability push and pull up to 400 pounds on two-wheeled hand carts, up and down inclines.
- Ability to repeatedly step into and out of the vehicle.
- Ability to walk up and down steps.
- Ability to maintain a security conscious professional mindset.
- Ability to drive vehicles/trucks weighing 26,000 pounds or less.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided to people with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Rapid Armored
For more than 40 years, Rapid Armored has been a trusted name with the Pay-O-Matic Corp in New York City, Long Island and surrounding areas. In January of 2008, Pay-O-Matic completed a merger sponsored by Founders Equity Inc. We’re particularly excited, since this transaction will permit Rapid Armored to grow alongside Pay-O-Matic with its share of licensed locations in New York. In 2012, Rapid Armored completed the acquisition and integration of two armored car carrier services, Patriot Armored in East Patchogue, now called Rapid East and State Payroll of Uniondale, now united with us in Brooklyn. We look forward with pleasure to the continued success of Rapid Armored and to bring you the customer, dependable, reliable and secure armored services.