** Keep Eye on your Email (junk/spam) after applying, main form of contact to invite for Interviews **
YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING:
Join OTG as a Pizza Cook now and drive a new type of hospitality experience at our John F Kennedy location. Discover career opportunities in a unique hospitality environment with some of the industry’s
best compensation and benefits, including PTO, and Healthcare.
WHAT IS OTG?
OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than
300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
By joining our team, you’ll
discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. And because our people drive our experiences, we offer some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry.
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists Cooks and Chefs with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, station set-up, washing, portioning, boning, slicing, and dicing meats and vegetables. Performs station break down and clean up.
- Follows recipes to ensure consistency and quality standards
- Receives, labels, dates, rotates, and refrigerates all products to ensure freshness and to control waste
- Follows prep bar lists and prioritizes production to avoid product run outs
- Demonstrates product standards and recipe knowledge daily in a Line Check
- Cleans and maintains prep area (e.g. utensils, prep table, equipment, sweeps floors, walls, and any back of the house area, etc.)
- Washes, peels, cuts, slices, dices, and portions specific food and menu items in accordance with established par levels
- Maintains a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance
- Prepares and plates certain menu items according to specifications
- Aids in moving and installing beer kegs as needed
- Ensures that safety and sanitation standards are maintained
- Properly uses personal protective equipment
- Welcomes and acknowledges guests according to company standards, when applicable
- Communicates with others using clear, respectful, and professional language
- Communicates any assistance needed during busy periods to the chef to ensure optimum service
- Maintains confidentiality of propriety information
- Maintains and cares for company equipment according to instruction
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others and works toward the goal of customer satisfaction
- Ensures adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Completes prep list in accordance with specifications
- Wears disposable gloves when handling raw products and changes gloves when preparing a new or different food product
- Records all waste on standard form when it occurs
- Communicates any product run-outs, equipment issues, and quality or service problems to the MOD immediately
- Fulfills additional responsibilities as requested by kitchen personnel and management
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Prior pizza making experience a must
- Knowledge of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Knowledge of safety and food handling guidelines and procedures
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws
- Understanding of proper use of maintenance of major kitchen equipment including stoves, refrigeration, slice, knives, and dish machine
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift
- Ability to work in a high energy and demanding environment
- Can effectively solve problems and is a team player
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. on occasion and up to 35 lbs. regularly
- Effective and professional oral communication skills
OTG Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.