Hallmark Aviation Services is a leading ground handling company seeking highly skilled Load Control Agents to provide exceptional service to INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES at JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT in New York.
- Comply with safety in the workplace.
- Accurately complete all Load Control Activities
- Plan distribution of load in accordance with passengers, cargo and fuel requirements.
- Monitor the performance of the Departure Control System.
- Coordinate and communicate with affected departments, external and internal customers to ensure smooth handling of passengers and dead load weight and balance issues in delay situations.
- Compliance with Customer Airline Emergency Requirements.
- Clear Understanding of Aviation Legislative Requirements.
- Display due care and diligence in all activities.
- Safe, efficient, compliant and aligned work place.
- Compliance with Disability related Legislation.
- Compliance with Equal Opportunity legislation and principles.
- Ensure compliance with Precision Timing Schedule.
- Plan, coordinate and produce all loading, weight and balance documentation in accordance with
- Company and Client airline specifications, with or without the use of the Departure Control System (DCS).
- Ensure the safe distribution of the load within prescribed aircraft limitations and Company Operating Manuals/Procedures.
- Be familiar with client airline manuals including loading and stowage of dangerous goods.
- Coordinate and communicate with relevant departments (Ramp Team, Bagroom Team, Maintenance, and ATC authorities) to ensure smooth handling of passengers and ‘dead load’ in delay situations.
- 100% Compliance with Customer Airline Weight and Balance and Customer Airline Policies and Procedures, enabling safe practices and compliance with Aviation and other legislation.
- Delivery of safe, compliant and customer focused weight and balance services.
- Continuous improvement focus through proactive support and involvement in change programs and activities.
- Comply with customer airline regulatory requirements as well as Company Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain load control certification and demonstrate ongoing skills through the recertification process.
- Safety and regulatory compliance focused
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving and the capacity to produce results within a given timeframe (particularly in instances of non compliance with procedures)
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels within the Airports Division, external customers and other departments/units
- Must be able to work quickly and effectively under the pressure of time constraints whilst maintaining accuracy
- Must demonstrate a common sense approach to problem solving and have the ability to achieve the best possible results
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Actively seeks and shares information and feedback about key aspects of the business
- Seeks and values staff input and involvement
- Seizes opportunities to improve business outcomes
- Higher School Diploma or equivalent
- Extensive background in all areas of airport operations
- Successfully completes formal company training courses in manual and automated weight balance
- Successful completion of formal training courses in applicable Client airline and customer airline reservation courses
- Hold current certification for customer airline aircraft type with the Country of Customer Airline’s Aviation Authority regulations and any additional certifications required for Client Airlines as stipulated by contractual agreement
- Must have the ability to work in a number of airline Departure Control Systems simultaneously
- Must have sound knowledge of passenger handling systems and aircraft inhold systems
- Must be familiar with client airline manuals including loading and stowage of dangerous goods
- Precise understanding of all aspects of operational safety, security and emergency and load control procedures as outlined in APSM, Ramp Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Ramp Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Aircraft Loading Manuals, Load Control Procedures Manuals, Corporate Emergency Response Plan, Corporate Policy Manual, and Aviation Security Program /Security Manual
Flight Benefits, Travel Allowance, Uniform provided, Cleaning Allowance, Health Insurance (for FT with small contribution), Voluntary Dental, Vision, and Life, 401K Matching up to 3.5%, Holiday Pay(after 90 Days) and Referral Bonus.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Hallmark Aviation
Hallmark has several key principles of success that drive our company culture. These principles keep us focused so that we consistently deliver “peace of mind” to you.
Hallmark Aviation Services – recognized as the emerging leader in above-the-wing ground handling services – takes pride in our rapid growth and success since our inception in 1989. We attribute our success to a steadfast commitment to our Clients, their Customers, our 2500+ Employees, and our Community. Our experienced management team – with over 100 years of combined service – is committed to upholding these guiding principles on which Hallmark Aviation Services was founded. These principles will guide us to even greater achievements in the coming years.
With our genuine passion for the airline industry, as well as our financial strength through our strategic partnerships with Swissport and QANTAS, we have an unbeatable formula for success – not solely for Hallmark, but our Clients.